Risky catches increase production risks
- a sorted file (SD) is never sorted : an instruction
is found in DATA DIVISION, but not corresponding
SORT <SORT-FILE> …….
is found in PROCEDURE DIVISION.
- a file (only FD) declared in data division is never open nor closed in the procedure division
- a file (only FD)declared in data division is open or close more than once, and the number of open is different from the number of closed.
- a file (FD or SD ) is open more than once.
- a file (FD or SD ) is closed more than once.
Note : only files that are declared in the same file with a SELECT instruction in the FILE CONTROL paragraph of the INPUT-OUTPUT SECTION of the ENVIRONMENT DIVISION, are taken into account for this diag.
Why you should care
A file is not used properly or in compliance with its declaration.
About CAST and Highlight’s Code Insights
Over the last 25 years, CAST has leveraged unique knowledge on software quality measurement by analyzing thousands of applications and billions of lines of code. Based on this experience and community standards on programming best practices, Highlight implements hundreds of code insights across 15+ technologies to calculate health factors of a software.