Feature Focus: Re-calculate Software Health scores in real-time based on folder exclusions
When to use this feature?
CAST Highlight now allows users to achieve both goals by filtering the scan data in real-time directly in the user interface: 1. a comprehensive scan scope for Open Source risks and 2. an accurate selection of proprietary source code for Software Health evaluation. This enables users to see what the scores and lines of code would be if some folders and corresponding source files were suppressed from the scan.
How it works
From the Health Distribution tab of an application’s page, click on the filter icon to activate the re-calculated insights. CAST Highlight will calculate scores and metrics based on a default set of pre-filtered folder exclusions (the calculation can take some time depending on the application size):
- Third-party: folders where OSS components have been found. Number of files and corresponding OSS components are indicated in the filtering table.
- Tests: folders where typical test files have been detected.
- Build & Deployment: folders where source files that are typically identified as being used for build or deployment have been found (e.g. .git, gradle, .scannerwork folders)
- Documentation: folders where have that are typically associated to documentation or sample files have been found.
- Generated: folders where source files that are likely generated code have been found