Software AgilityEmbedded Documentation
Why you should care
Avoid (in production code) comments that reveals that the code could not be finalized or not mature.
It is recommended to avoid these in order to ensure the code is more readable and cost effective.
How we detect
Count one violation each time one comment bloc (one or more contiguous lines of comment) contains at least one of the following patterns :
- two or more successive ! and/or ?.
- following expressions : [àa] (v[ée]rifier|faire|voir|revoir)
- following keywords : todo, fixme, tbc, tbd, attention
- english expressions : to be (verified|done)
- english keywords : warning
About CAST and Highlight’s Code Insights
Over the last 25 years, CAST has leveraged unique knowledge on software quality measurement by analyzing thousands of applications and billions of lines of code. Based on this experience and community standards on programming best practices, Highlight implements hundreds of code insights across 15+ technologies to calculate health factors of a software.
See featuresHow it works